Requirement for the solution to celebrate diversity by ensuring the biographies cover a broad spectrum of people who have helped shape history.
It is important that the achievements of certain individuals are not overlooked for having worked in industries that have been perceived in the past as male dominated industries. For example, the world knows the names of famous male archaeologists like Howard Carter, Heinrich Schliemann and Flinders Petrie however there have been several female archaeologists who have made significant contributions in this field that deserve recognition and yet are virtually unknown even to this day. A small sample of these pioneering woman in the field archaeology are as follows:
• Gudrun Corvinus: Performed extensive Paleolithic research across Asia and Africa and part of the team to discover ‘Lucy’
• Honor Frost: Considered to be the founder of underwater archaeology.
• Dorothy Garrod: Discovered the first evidence of dog domestication and the period now known as the middle stone age
• Alice Kober: Scholar whose research helped decipher the ancient Minoan ‘Linear B’ tablets
• Kathleen Kenyon: Excavated the ancient biblical city of Jericho
• Tatiana Proskouriakoff: Scholar and archaeologist whose research helped decipher the Maya hieroglyphs
• The content for the solution will where possible include a diverse range of biographies celebrating their contributions to human history
REQUIREMENT TYPE: Non-Functional
RELATED REQUIREMENTS: N/A